PDA

View Full Version : Extremely Green Tank

PayasoDelMar
02/15/2008, 02:28 PM
Everyday when i get back from school, my tank is the craziest neon green color in the world. The glass itself looks like it was added a green coat to the entire thing. My dry rocks are covered in light green, but my snails and crabs seem to have taken the green off the live rock. The glass all over is really bright green though, is this normal algae or is it tds or phosphate? I'm clueless as to how to stop the green from occuring everyday. I feed normally (rods food) and my skimmer seems to be working. Any ideas?

rustybucket145
02/15/2008, 02:30 PM
excess nutrients. Cut back feeding. Scrape the glass with a razorblade (if it's glass)

PayasoDelMar
02/15/2008, 02:32 PM
Can tds make my tank green as well? The other day i bought a jug from dominicks and used a r/o dispenser they had, any chance of tds being in that water?

taillonjohn
02/15/2008, 04:18 PM
tds means total dissolved solids, which is basically excess nutrients. as mentioned, cut back feeding, maybe even not feed at all for a week. maybe run some carbon, do water chages, you have to get the nutrients out of your tank, or it'll always be green, maybe cut back on your lighting schedule too by a few hours.