PDA

View Full Version : dead fish

jamest0o0
02/16/2008, 03:18 PM
well today I looked at my tank and only saw my 2 clowns swimming around normally... I was wondering where my royal gramma and yellow damsel went to.... well I tear apart some live rock and found the 2 under a piece of live rock(nothing fell they just went down there on their own).... the royal gramma was dead and the yellow damsel just keeps hiding now and has a bit of grey on the top of him.... nothing appeared to be wrong with the gramma when I found him just completely stiff.... I also have a fire shrimp which is doing fine...can anyone tell me what might have happened? the night before they were 100% normal.... one thing is I was working in my tank setting up a new heater and powerheads and not sure what that might have done... stress a little? only thing lately that has given me trouble is nitrates... please help!

jamest0o0
02/16/2008, 05:12 PM
anyone?

haitwun
02/17/2008, 09:23 AM
Some kind of internal parasite probably claimed the life of your gramma. As for the gray spot on the damsel, sounds like fungus to me. Does it look fuzzy gray? Treat with a combination antifungal/antibacterial agent and with prazi. Get all your sick fish out of the main display immediately. Please update on their condition.

jamest0o0
02/17/2008, 12:39 PM
actually I think it was just some sand on the damsel... he was rolling around in it later he was jsut normal color, but breathin hard.... I didn't have anything to treat him with at the time and today he was dead.... for some reason he had a hole in the side as if something was eating him.....

jamest0o0
02/18/2008, 12:22 PM
bump