PDA

View Full Version : ATI Powermodule or SLR retrofit

Quis
02/17/2008, 05:45 PM
I'm looking at these two lighting system for a 120gal 24" high tank that will have a mixture of SPS, and LPS. I want to be able to keep what ever I want in the tank and not just the upper half.

Here is the first one. http://www.reefgeek.com/lighting/T5_Fluorescent/IceCap/SLR_Retrofit_Kits/48_inch__8x54W_SLR_T5_High-Output_Retrofit_Kit_w!_Bulbs_by_IceCap

Here is the second one. http://www.reefgeek.com/lighting/T5_Fluorescent/ATI/Powermodule_Fixtures/48_inch__10x54W_Powermodule_T5_High-Output_Fixture_w!_Bulbs_by_ATI

I'm not sure which one to go with. I don't want to go with the Powermodule if I will be able to achive what I want with the SLR. What do you reefers think?

Paulairduck
02/17/2008, 05:59 PM
I run both a retro fit and a powermodule. The powermodule is cleaner and I love the look. it is a great unit.

The retrofit, you have to wire yourselve, the icecap units overdrive the bulbs which is great, I get great growth. It just is not as neat.

Quis
02/18/2008, 03:25 PM
Anyone else.

IPT
02/18/2008, 04:17 PM
probably really depends more on $ and how much work you want to do. I read real good stuff about the ATI, but it ain't cheap. I did a retro on one of my tanks and I am happy with it. Of course plug and play would have been nice though.

BTW, neither of those links worked so I am not sure what you were looking at.

sjm817
02/18/2008, 05:00 PM
It usually is a decision on your preference for the look. Do you want an open tank with a light hood suspended over it, or do you want an enclosed canopy with the lights fit inside of it?

Quis
02/19/2008, 09:43 AM
I can fit only 8 bulbs over a 120 gal in a canopy with the retro. With the ATI fixture I get 10 bulbs over the tank. I'm not sure if the retro will let me keep SPS all over the tank and not just the upper part of tank. I would like to go with the retro if I can keep what ever I want in the tank. I guess because the SLR reflector are 2.5" wide, and the ATI reflector are thinner why there are able to get 10 bulbs to fit in the fixture.

Quis
02/19/2008, 05:59 PM
Bump

Quis
03/03/2008, 08:21 AM
Bump