PDA

View Full Version : acrlyic panels?

Tommy3492
02/17/2008, 08:05 PM
Where can i find acrylic panels that will fit inside a AGA tank so i can make it into a fuge?

do i have to do cutting?

and where do they sell aquarium safe silicon?

bach2pilot
02/18/2008, 09:20 AM
Home Depot sells acrylic panels and silicon. Make sure to get the Silicone II with no fungicide (Doors and Windows).

tkeracer619
02/18/2008, 09:30 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11876658#post11876658 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bach2pilot
Make sure to get the Silicone II with no fungicide (Doors and Windows).

Usually number II is the one with fungicide and is labeled kitchen and bath.

Number I is usually the safe one. Both I and II can have the fungicide so you really just need to pay attention. Your looking for doors and widows with no mold inhibitors.

Dap also makes aquarium safe silicone, I think kmart carries it and home depot seems to have switched over to DAP, might find it there.

You can cut the acyilic pane with a normal table saw. You could probably use a circular saw if you use a blade with small teath. Finding a table saw would be ideal.

cfarrow2
02/18/2008, 10:40 AM
If I may, don't want to jack the thread. Will a standard blade on a chop-saw/table saw do the trick with acrylic? Also, I asked at my Home Depot several months ago about acrylic and just got a blank stare from the dude who I asked. What section do they sell it in? Thanks!

celano
02/18/2008, 11:36 AM
Cfarrow thats exactly why I stay away from HD or Lowes at any cost....It seems like everyone who works there doesn't even know the simplest things or even were to find them in the store.
If you have an Ace Hardware in your area I recommend going there first. When I set my fuge up a year ago all I did was take some measurements into them and they cut all four pieces for me to my specs for a total of $14. It was 1/4" to not the thinner 1/8" stuff.

tkeracer619
02/18/2008, 11:44 AM
Its best to use a plastic blade with small teeth.

Also, it is in the back by the solar tubes and skylights. Just ask for skylights if you don't want the blank stare XD. The largest size HD keeps is .220

Mr.Kook
02/18/2008, 11:53 AM
So will it say on the tube if it has fungicide in it