PDA

View Full Version : Fish Compatibility

Saltwaterstart
02/19/2008, 03:37 PM
How likely is it for a porcupine puffer, naso tang, niger trigger, parrot fish & volitan lion fish to live in an 80 gallon without any problems.

I am looking into buying an established system as an upgrade, and I'm wondering whether or not it would be worth the time and effort to leave the fish in there, or take them out, if I was to buy the system.

Gwynhidwy
02/19/2008, 03:50 PM
I'd say the likelihood of them all getting along for any length of time is rather small.

Lionfish don't typically do well with aggressive fish. They are slow moving, and while they will eat whatever they can fit into their mouths, they aren't terribly aggressive so they usually get harassed and/or killed.

All of those fish get too big for an 80G tank, and the tang, trigger, and parrot fish are too active as well. That makes it much more likely that you will have aggression problems followed by stress related disease.

Saltwaterstart
02/19/2008, 03:52 PM
I'm looking into how long the system was set up for.

It could be likely they are all new, and I don't see any of them being over 4" or so.

reeferaddiction
02/19/2008, 03:57 PM
i would do a restock, for most of those fish a 80g is not a suitable home. i purchased a established setup with the same issue and was able to take the livestock to a lfs that i have a good relationship with for store credit so you may want to see if that is a option for you.