PDA

View Full Version : just about had a major screw up

davew0670
02/19/2008, 09:58 PM
Ive got a hospital tank set up with copper for a clown. I got him a little food to munch on. I had the food pinched in between my fingers and let him get what he wanted instead of throwing a whole chunk in the tank. Well, he got done and still I had a little left. I completely lost my head and walked back to my DT and tossed the little piece in there for a couple of shrimps. I completely freaked out and made up some new words for websters dictionary. I grabbed a huge thing of carbon and got in the tank in record time. I even rinsed it under the sink instead of RO which Ive never done. Im pretty sure a peepermint shrimp got a small piece. started doing some really wierd violent shaking stuff so then I just waited to start watching all of my corals melt. Changed out every bit of water I had ready to go. The shrimp did go back to acting normal and the corals never showed any signs of distress. I think I dodged a bullet. This is exaclty why my QT is set up in a completely different area of the house and nothing that is used on the QT leaves that room.

kaiser
02/20/2008, 07:44 AM
here is your sign :-)

davew0670
02/20/2008, 08:38 AM
I should have hit myself over the head with my sign. Did not see any signs of damage this morning.