PDA

View Full Version : Mushroom question ??

NewFish3
02/20/2008, 09:56 AM
I have some green stripe & some brown rodactus shrooms. The past week the green stripe shrooms are not all big & green like they used to be.
I have a BioCube & the only thing that I have changed is I aimed the stock return up a little to ripple the water surface, & I added a nano powerhead in the top right corner just to move more water.
There isn't much that you can do for aiming the nano so it basicly just moves water across the top.
I feed them DT'S live marine phytoplankton, 1/2 teaspoon twice a week

Any Idea...??

Percula9
02/20/2008, 11:53 AM
Try a water change to see if that helps. Are they getting a lot of flow?

Cope
02/20/2008, 11:58 AM
I could be to much flow? I reduced flow in my tank and my shrooms look great. FWIW?

papagimp
02/20/2008, 12:46 PM
not sure how much good it'll do feeding phyto to mushrooms. Try feeding something a little larger, like some mysis. A full grown 12" rhodactis can eat a 4" fish with no problems. The phyto is probably helping the filter feeders in the tank though. So I'm not saying to stop dosing it.

NewFish3
02/20/2008, 12:53 PM
Thanks..... I stopped the nano puwerhead about a hour ago & they opened up 7 look good. Just for the hell of it, I turned the nano back on & with in 5 min, they were starting to shrivel back.....so it was too much water flow.

I wanted to keep the nano in there for the water flow but there is not much adjustment for swiveling it.

I wish they made it with a better swivel.....are there any mods you can do to it ??

NewFish3
02/20/2008, 12:56 PM
The phyto is what I was told to feed them by my LFS & by the people at liveAquaria......?