PDA

View Full Version : 180 stocking options

rydr119
02/20/2008, 10:38 AM
I am in the process of setting up a 180 mixed reef. I am planning on keeping all of my current fish but there are a few I would like to add
Current fish:
1 Blue hippo tang
1 Scribble rabbit
1 Yellow watchman goby and tiger pistol shrimp pair
1 Tomato clown
2 Anthias
1 Flasher wrasse
1 Bi-color Blenny
1 Long Nose Hawkfish
I have clams also

I would like to add an Achilles tang, and maybe another wrasse of some kind
Any suggestions on other fish are welcomed
Thanks
Gina

Gwynhidwy
02/20/2008, 11:24 AM
Achilles are beautiful fish. I'm not a big fan of wrasses though.

Have you considered a pair of Genicanthus sp. angels? I recently got hooked on these guys. They are far more beautiful and flashy in person than in any pictures I've seen and their temperament is just fabulous. They are peaceful, eat anything and don't bother any invertebrates.

rydr119
02/20/2008, 12:01 PM
Yeah They are cool but I am looking for a little more color I have only every seen the black and white stripped ones, Do they come in other colors?

Gwynhidwy
02/20/2008, 12:15 PM
I believe you are talking about the Lamarck's, they are silver/white and black. I don't find them to be very flashy either. The swallowtail (Genicanthus melanospilos) female is yellow on the top which becomes a pearly white with a lot of blue highlights. The males have zebra stripes and are often quite blue in between the black stripes, kind of a teal color. Watanabei's (Genicanthus watanabei) are bright metallic sky blue with black and navy blue accents with the males having horizontal black striping down their sides. The bellus is also very striking, though I don't have personal experience with them, I've never seen more than a picture. There is at least one more, and probably more than that, species of Genicanthus too. They're not for everyone, but I think they're neat.