PDA

View Full Version : Cycle ???

Nickde123
02/20/2008, 01:29 PM
Could I use a Nitrate reactor and also a Phosphate reactor when im curing my new Marco Rock ? After its cured it will be moved into the new tank w/ LS where im sure theres gonna be a small cyle. Im tring to make the cycle to speed up in the curing bin so that in the new tank it doesnt take for ever.

Randy Holmes-Farley
02/20/2008, 01:35 PM
You could use a denitrator, if that is what you mean, but by the time it was working well, the cycle might be about over and a water change might serve about as well, unless you intend to run a denitrator long term in the tank.

Nickde123
02/20/2008, 04:56 PM
lol I do plan on doing a WC 2x a week on the curing vat since I do not have a skimmer for it. I was hoping if I hooked up the denitrator and the po4 reactor would help the curin process I have about a month before the new tank will be here and ready for the rock to be transfered into the new tank. I wouldnot be using the denitrator on the new tank unless for some reason I need it. I have never has any nitraters in any of my tanks in over 12 yearrs lol. .knock on wood lol

Randy Holmes-Farley
02/21/2008, 07:26 AM
I do not know if removing phosphate and nitrate will alter the curing process at all. I would not expect it to, perhaps aside from reducing algae growth if there is bright lighting during the curing.