PDA

View Full Version : That Pet Place

davidandliz
02/21/2008, 10:32 AM
I heard a while back that TPP has a yearly sale on tanks.. like 1$ a gallon or something like that..
does anyone know the details and when this usually happens. ???

LIZ

Gordonious
02/21/2008, 11:27 AM
Happens once or twice a year. Usually at their costumer appreciate sale and anniversary sale.(though I don't think they appreciated there costumers this last year?) Does not include RR(reef ready) tanks.

Check out this page. https://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/promotions.web?promo=../shipping/EventsSalesBody.html
Looks like they are having an Aquarium Overstock tank sale and
35th Anniversary Sale on 4/19 - 4/20

davidandliz
02/21/2008, 11:38 AM
Thanks Jon

Gordonious
02/21/2008, 11:39 AM
No problem, any time. BTW, how are the tanks coming that you already have set up? Are you thinking about getting yet another or just upgrading something?

davidandliz
02/21/2008, 12:32 PM
Thinking about upgrading the 90 to something a little bigger.. thats probably the only way david will let me aquascape the tank a different way. i think there is way too much LR in the tank.. i constantly have to make sure the flow is hitting everything right. Plus our tangs will outgrow the tanks soon.

emonemo420
02/21/2008, 10:25 PM
i hear its up to 55 gallons only

Gordonious
02/21/2008, 10:53 PM
Regardless looks like they have some large overstock items. You might want to call them as well and see what they have. Just make sure you don't ask them to hold anything for you as they will charge you.. 10-25% of what the tank costs just to hold it for an hour. Saw that somewhere on there website.

Also shop around. I know of an LFS that can order large tanks predrilled in just about any way you would like. I know TPP won't do that because I asked them for 3 years if they would.

Jon

davidandliz
02/22/2008, 08:43 AM
hmm that sux its only up to 55 gal... i wasnt looking to get one for a couple months.. when it starts to get warmer... it doesnt have to be predrilled but that would be a plus. but i am looking for a glass tank. is tht premium that can order tanks?

DamnPepShrimp
02/22/2008, 09:37 AM
Happens once or twice a year. Usually at their costumer appreciate sale and anniversary sale.(though I don't think they appreciated there costumers this last year?)

HAHA so true!

Their last anniversary sale they had 75g and 125g for a buck a gallon, not drilled, and they went quick also.

TFP Marine Biologist
02/26/2008, 02:01 PM
Gordonious,
TFP does not drill tanks ourselves because it will void the factory warranty on the tanks. We can however, get standard size and custom size aquariums built with holes drilled in any panel, as well as custom overflow designs and placements. Perfecto in particular can easily be modified in just about any way you would want, including starphire panels.

Sorry, did not mean to intrude on your thread, just wanted to set the record strait.

Thanks,
Dave

ronert
02/26/2008, 02:52 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11948054#post11948054 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by TFP Marine Biologist

Sorry, did not mean to intrude on your thread, just wanted to set the record strait.

Dave;

Great info. Thank you for the input. Intrusions of that kind are always welcome.

- ted

Gordonious
02/26/2008, 03:26 PM
Starphire! Sweet. I have always wanted to see what that looked like. It is a shame that when I asked 3-4 times the people I asked, different people every time, didn't know anything about that. Or perhaps things have changed since then.

davidandliz
02/26/2008, 08:04 PM
yes that you for letting us know. no intrusion at all... this is how we find out these things/