PDA

View Full Version : Annularis update - latest addition

jmccown
02/21/2008, 01:04 PM
So I ordered a show size annularis from an online vendor about 3 weeks ago. It came in and looked great, ended up at around 7" or so, which was fine because all my others are around that size. My biggest concerns were the queen angel. Right now I am in about the 3rd week and it is doing great. For the first couple of days it acted weird, kinda swimming sideways, even in circles. I guess it's the bag-syndrome. But it is now doing great. The only one who gave it any grief was my sohal tang. But for the last week they all get along fine. This is a great fish so far. Very nice colors.

I know this is useless without pics. I'll get 'em up soon. I need to get some more pics up anyways. My big tank is looking really good lately.

niles1967
02/21/2008, 05:15 PM
I have a 12" queen, a 13" blue face, an 11" annularis, a small magestic and a small singapore. they all get along just fine. It is a myth that you cannot keep large angels together. All you need is a large tank and fish with the right personality. My queen is as mild mannered as can be. I am currently setting up a 225g corner pentagon tank that I am moving them into. Once ther I will add a emperator and a scribbled angel. My fish also live with a blonde naso, a yellow tang and a huma trigger. Fish definitely have personalities and it is just a matter of finding the passive ones. My opinion is that your Sohal tang will be a problem when it gets bigger. I had one that grew to about 12" and became very aggressive. I had to sell it. good luck.