PDA

View Full Version : feather duster spawning???

sjfishguy
02/21/2008, 03:44 PM
This morning I noticed my large hawaiian feather duster puffing out clouds of something from its mouth. This was not a little ejection like I have seen before. This was what looked like a spawning event, similar to what you may have seen of clams or corals doing on videos before. I have never heard of a feather duster doing this? It released a cloud every minute or so for at least 15 mins, and then I stopped looking at it.

I took a video and have tried to post it, but for some reason it isnt working. You can clearly see the cloud three different times in three minutes. Has anyone else ever seen something like this?

italia
02/21/2008, 04:41 PM
My coco worm does it all the time.

Tennyson
02/22/2008, 08:26 PM
I've never seen it before but I have read that they are encouraged to breed when there are multiple feather dusters in the tank. How many if any others do you have. And after they release those eggs, they might lose their feather things to avoid them eating their eggs. But I wouldn't worry, I'd imagine that the eggs would be good coral or filter feeder food. Good luck with them