PDA

View Full Version : Any Harm?

rlwoolard
02/22/2008, 12:30 AM
I have a 70 gallon acro tank with a single 250 watt halide on it. I get good growth for the most part, but am noticing alot of duller spots on the outside edges, somewhat like what you would see on the bottom side of a healthy acro. So i decided to get two 150 watt coralife pendants for the tank. gooing to slitely stagger them with the 250 a little bit farther in the front, angle towards the back at a very slight anlge. But the the question i really need answering is it will be possible to turn on the 150's for only 4 hour a day, so i would have a cycle of 2 hours with the 250, 4 hours with the 250 and the two 250's, and then another hour with the 250. Would their be any reasons as to not run the halides on this timing schedule. Im doing it for two reasons, heat that is produced and electricity consumption. any advice would be great.

madadi
02/22/2008, 02:57 AM
i dont see a problem. keep an eye on your temps

instead of adding two 150s which is 300 total. why not get a second 250 and run them side by side? it will be less electricity and less heat for sure! you can start the day off with one for 2 hours both for 4 hours and then the other one for 2 hours.