PDA

View Full Version : Digital Temp Controller

FLAZ28
02/23/2008, 10:01 AM
i have never used a chiller before .....when i first got it up and running and set ...the temp reading was about 130.......it has been running for about 3 hours now and the temp reading is around 77-79 it seems to be going lower and lower.......is this normal until the digital controller stabilzes itself?......i have the controoler set at 80......and no the chiller itself isn't running aftar the temp reading dropped below....80......thanks in advance

DrBDC
02/23/2008, 11:17 AM
Just keep a close eye on it and make sure it stays consistent. I like to have redundancy on my heaters and chillers by using an aquacontroller as well as the built in temperature controls. You can do this with a basic reefkeeper unit, a rancho(sp?) controller, aquacontrollers, or even a diy type.

By having it be controlled 2X, I can set the aquacontroller to turn off a i.e. 79 and then set the chiller to 78. That way if the aquacontroller fails in some way it has a secondary turn off built into the chiller and/or heater. Just because "stuff happens." :D

IslandCrow
02/23/2008, 12:14 PM
What type of chiller do you have. The temperature readout on my JBJ Arctica is spot on within seconds of me pumping water through it.

FLAZ28
02/23/2008, 02:35 PM
it is an aquanetics w/ a seperate controller......i have since deduced that the temp controller needs replacing