PDA

View Full Version : 125g Stocking List?

B.Pereira
02/24/2008, 02:46 PM
Hey all I recently purchased a 125gallon tank(72x33x20). Upgrading from my 23 gallon hex, what a jump. Anyways I want to show you guys what I plan on putting in the 125, any suggestions/changes such as (bio load, agression, care etc) are welcome

In order of addition

1) 2 Chromis (in my 23)
2) 1 Ocellaris Clown (in my 23)
3) 1 Foxface (in my 23)
4) Convict tang (1st new addition)
5) Heniochus Black & White Butterflyfish (2nd new addition)
6) Threadfin Butterflyfish (3rd new addition)
7) Snowflake eel (4th new addition)
8 Powder Blue (5th new addition)

LobsterMan
02/24/2008, 07:06 PM
I wouldn't suggest the Butterflyfish and eel. I would get another ocellaris. Maybe try a blue mandrain, diamond watchman, roayal grammas some fish like that. You might even get a mated pair of powder blues minimum tank size for them is 70gallons.

B.Pereira
02/24/2008, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the feedback... a mated pair sounds cool but i have my heart set on my snowflake

Anyone else?

edwar050
02/24/2008, 09:40 PM
The powder blue may get a little craped due to the height of the tank. Will you be keeping corals and if so what will you have in the tank? I do not know alot about butterflies but it seems like alot of people have sucess with the Heniochus butterfly in a reef tank. I would drop #6 and #8 and add a mate for your clown. I would also try to find another centerpiece fish other than the powder blue although I do believe you could probably stock him in your tank I think that with the size and the convict + butterflies there could be some aggression/tension and I really don't think powder blues do really well in those enviroments unless in really large tanks. What about adding a zebra moray to go along with the snowflake if you really like eels? That would be an amzing site and would give you more justification on eggcrating the top.

B.Pereira
02/24/2008, 09:48 PM
Yea, I fell in love with snowflakes the moment I saw them, but the zebras are quite pricey and since I wont be paying for any of these fish there out of the case. As for the Powder Blue Im intent on keeping 1, I wonder if I drop the Treadfin if I would be ok?

rezarf
02/24/2008, 10:26 PM
I recently upgraded to a 125 and got a baby snowflake eel that was about 6 inches long but after a few months and doubling in size whenever I added food to the tank he would bite anything that moved . . . so he's gone now . . Hope you have better luck they are really entertaining fish.

oh and make sure you seal off everything i found mine in the sump a few times and in the overflow box every couple days