PDA

View Full Version : Oceanic 1/10 Horsepower Chiller.

Jasonanatal
02/25/2008, 12:25 AM
Hello everyone. I am wondering if anyone has any personal experience with the Oceanic ling of Chillers more specifically the Ocean 1/10 Horsepower Chiller. I am currently in the market for a more powerful Chiller since my landlord believes that he is in a competition with Hell for the heat awards. The factors that are influencing my purchase are listed below.

- Efficieny is the utmost concern. My current Chiller is rated at 1/15 Horspower and constantly turns on in order in order to combat the temperature within my home.
- Decibel rating is second on my list. My current Chiller is rate at 36 decibals and runs ultra quiet. Sometimes I didn't know it was one until I looked at the operation LED. To place things in perspective a whisper is rated at 20 decibels and a normal conversation is rated at 60 decibels.
- Maintenance is third. My current Chiller only required the safety screen to be cleaned out.
- Cost is fourth with is irrelevant.

madadi
02/25/2008, 01:13 AM
if your putting this on a 28gal jbj nano, i don't see why it cant handle it. a weird thing about a chiller is that it can cool the water but it needs to cool itself with cool air. my chiller used to get so hot. i moved it so it had more space behind it and the air can move freely. it really helped. try getting a little fan and blowing air around it so that the hot air coming out the back doesn't get recirculated. a chiller should never be run in a cabinet or enclosed space. maybe that might help before you spend money on a new chiller.

Jasonanatal
02/25/2008, 01:29 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11934562#post11934562 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by madadi
if your putting this on a 28gal jbj nano, i don't see why it cant handle it. a weird thing about a chiller is that it can cool the water but it needs to cool itself with cool air. my chiller used to get so hot. i moved it so it had more space behind it and the air can move freely. it really helped. try getting a little fan and blowing air around it so that the hot air coming out the back doesn't get recirculated. a chiller should never be run in a cabinet or enclosed space. maybe that might help before you spend money on a new chiller.

Madadi, thank you for the information. I have actually taken those steps already. The currently Chiller but I feel that it comes on more then usual (about 4 to 5 times as much) then my last apartment. Water temperature also has a varience of 2 to 3 degrees Fahrenheit which is more then my last apartment where the water temperature had a varience of 0.5 to 1 degrees Fahrenheit.