PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Red Sea Ozonizer...not working properly

JustinReef
02/25/2008, 12:59 PM
I have had problems with a Red Sea 200 mg/hr Ozonizer I bought used. I was using a small 100 mg/hr with no problems but since I switched, it does not seem to be working.

For some reason I cannot set the target ORP any higher than 110. Anyone know why this may happen?

Im also only getting a reading if 60 for actual ORP which I know is too low. I thought the probe may just be breaking in but its been a week and no change. Its a new probe too.

Any ideas?

tgbaby1
02/25/2008, 02:05 PM
i would get a packet of calibration fluid and make sure that your probe is working properly. red sea suggests a certain type of probe for their ozonizer

JustinReef
02/25/2008, 02:13 PM
Yeah I don't think the probe is working properly but that shouldn't effect the ORP set point should it? I mean I should still be able to set it at like 400 shouldn't I? Or does the probe somehow effect the whole unit including the ORP set point and actual ozone being produced?

tgbaby1
02/25/2008, 02:29 PM
you should still be able to adjust the set point to the desired setting. if your probe is reading 60mv and you have adjusted your set point to 400mv, then your unit will constantly producing ozone until the probe reads 400mv (which may not happen since you cant get it over 110mv). i would quit using it until you can verify your probe since you dont really know how high your orp is. too much ozone can have a harmful effect on your tank inhabitants

JustinReef
02/25/2008, 04:11 PM
Yeah I am going to stop as soon as I get home to disconnect it. I think the ozonizer itself must not be working properly though because as you said, I should be able to set the ORP higher than 110 mv even if the probe is not working.

JustinReef
02/25/2008, 07:00 PM
Anyone else have this happen? Someone told me it may just need to be cleaned inside?