PDA

View Full Version : Anyone made a WavySea Tunze Mount?

ReefRockerLive
02/25/2008, 07:24 PM
Just as the title says: If anyone has made a DIY Tunze Mount for the WavySea, please post some pictures. I am going to buy my second Wavy Sea and connect it to my Tunze 6080. I already have a Tunze 6000 on the wavysea using the manufacturer made mount; the mounts are pricey for the simplicity behind it. Spending an extra $30 is not what I plan to do when the second wavysea arrives, so if anyone knows where I can find some DIY pics, that would be great!

RRL

bsk997
02/25/2008, 09:30 PM
I wish I could find the thread but a couple people just bought a 1" slip PVC cap, drilled, and threaded for a short plastic screw and kind of just bolted on the tunze.
The PVC cap just slides on the wavysea. You take the tunze off it's mount with just that top piece that has a hole. Put the screw from the bottom up into the PVC cap. It's kind of hard to explain. lol.
I have the same thing in my tank and it's good varied flow. I'll try to take pics in the next couple days.

ReefRockerLive
02/26/2008, 05:29 AM
I kind of understand what your saying. I even remember that thread your talking about, it is what I was specifically looking for anyway. Pics will help me out alot and save me $30. :)