PDA

View Full Version : Looking for numbers on eggcrate par reduction

flyyyguy
02/25/2008, 10:01 PM
Both tapered side up and tapered side down.......

Anyone know??

TIA

bridun22ajl
02/25/2008, 10:05 PM
also interested

flyyyguy
02/26/2008, 02:47 AM
^^^

Ive heard everything from it can actually increase the par to decrease it by 50%
in the last couple of days.

Iver never used it myself for anythingl ighting related before.....

I know visually it surely doesnt look like it blocks much when i put it over one of my tanks the other day...........

clayspst
02/26/2008, 06:28 PM
they are used for office lighting.

flyyyguy
02/26/2008, 06:40 PM
they are used for office lighting, rock building, frag tanks, fish traps, hucking like a frisbee at bad dogs and endless other purposes.

Im looking for numbers both directions.......

Curve
02/26/2008, 06:52 PM
Hey flyyyguy I love the picture of the pink spotted goby in your avatar. I just purchased one of those myself.

flyyyguy
02/26/2008, 06:56 PM
Thanks....I like him. Ton of personality.

Since this thread isnt going anywhere.......Ill post a couple pics of him attacking my tangs........... lol

He bluffs them every day...but about once amonth he will take a good nip out of them....

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h181/flyyyguy/lifts/chevron1.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h181/flyyyguy/lifts/dudeyougetanyclosertomyholeimgonnag.jpg

Curve
02/26/2008, 07:18 PM
Let see if this picture works. If not I'm sorry but here is my goby.

Well it didn't work.

flyyyguy
02/27/2008, 01:45 AM
Hes kinda skinny :)

c'mon guys...........NOBODY knows this or has any information pertaining besides the fact that eggcrate(lighting diffuser) is used for office lighting???

Sanjay
02/27/2008, 07:16 AM
Egg crate is used as a light diffuser. If you assume, that all light falling into the holes will pass through, either direclty or by being reflected off the sides then you can see that any light that falls on the top of the egg crate will reflect off the top and hence it should cut off a % of the light, rougly equal to the area of the top surface.

So I don't see how it could increase the total amount of light.

As for the tapered vs non tapered side.. the reason for the taper is that these are manufactured in a mold and you need a draft angle on the vertical walls to remove them easily from the mold.

sanjay.