PDA

View Full Version : 100 Gal, Fish that stay small? Stocking capacity? Compatibility? Gobys, Mandy(s), &

Cope
02/26/2008, 01:38 AM
Clowns?

I am rethinking my live stock. Currently I have one Zebra bar goby, @ 2.5" A pair of clowns, A yellow watchmen goby, @ 2.5", My mandy (male), @ 3.0".
I also have 2 PJ cardinals,@ 1", Star goby 2"(plan on returning this one to DT after QT), Cromis 1, @ 1", and 1 Blue Hippo tang, @1.5". I'm thinking of getting rid of the live stock in my QT, except for the blue hippo tang, and star goby.

I dont know, perhaps save the cromis as well.
I would like fish that stay small and will live well in a reef environment.
Mainly gobys, blennys, and such? I would like to keep the pod killers down to support my mandy. I'm also interested in pairing mine.(mandy) I have heard this can be difficult if not bought as a pair?
Any advice, stock suggestions?
Thanks for your advice.
Cope

Cope
02/26/2008, 10:19 AM
LOL I should have labeled this thread 10 tangs in a 30 gal. That would of gotten some stocking responses!

Cope
02/26/2008, 11:49 AM
35 tangs in my ten gal ok?

hootie51
02/26/2008, 11:57 AM
LOL...yeah you might want to consider re naming this thread! I really like sailfin blennies however, I think they hunt pods, but unlike the mandy they are not totally dependent on them. This is based on my experience though so I may be wrong. Fairy and flasher wrasses are also a good reef fish.

Cope
02/26/2008, 12:21 PM
LOL yeah, Thanks I have had bad luck with wrasses in the past.
Any exp. with those wrasses in a reef environment?
Thanks for looking.

hootie51
02/26/2008, 12:38 PM
I currently have a filamented flasher wrasse in my reef and so far I haven't had any problems. I have softies and some LPS as well as snails and shrimps and no problems. I really like him. Very colorful and active.