View Full Version : Need a little help with fittings for RO plumbing

02/26/2008, 12:37 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to buy the pieces I need to get my RO unit and reservoir plumbed. It should be pretty easy, but I find myself doubting which parts are correct and work together.

my main topoff will be done via dosing pump, but I still need a couple john guest-sized fittings coming off my RO reservoir.

I need 2 tubes coming out of the reservoir. One will be located near the top of the tank to act purely as an emergency overflow drain, in case the float valve/solenoid fails, water will just go down the drain.

I want another line that goes to a JG ball valve, to allow me to divert RO water to my QT tank if I want.

This is the kind of ball valve I am thinking of. http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~idProduct~RO5353.html Can I just use a TAP and screw that fitting directly into the tank (with some Teflon)? or is there a better way of doing things?

And for the emergency drain, will this work in the same way? http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~idProduct~RO5113.html

Also, could somebody clarify how a JACO fitting works?

How does the tubing connect into the 1/4 OD side? what keeps it sealed? Will they work with JG fittings?


02/26/2008, 12:43 PM
also, I noticed there are JG bulkhead fittings, but the ones i've found are quick connect, rather than MPT on the outside.

are the JG bulkheads any better than just using JG MPT fittings screwed directly into an acrylic tank (say 1/4" acrylic). I don't really like the idea of going from a quick connect builkhead to a quickconnect ball valve for some reason.

02/26/2008, 02:43 PM