PDA

View Full Version : New Crocea Clam..does it have PM?

Devtech
02/26/2008, 04:04 PM
hey guys i just received this crocea from Pacific East Aquaculture, for the most part he opens and closes he seems fine im feeding him directly with phytofeast and i feed the tanks corals and other inverts cyclopeze...

heres the lates picture i took today.. does this look like PM if so.. what will be the best thing for me to do? i am running carbon

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii162/Sowena/DSC00685.jpg

a4twenty
02/26/2008, 04:12 PM
i don't see any PM.

i wouldn't feed him directly, just dose the tank. the clam will take what he wants form the water when he wants it.

which tank is he in? what lighting and how old are the bulbs? he looks a little bleached and you may want to slowly move him up in the tank closer to the lights. this probably from the store but he should color back up in time with some more light.

Devtech
02/26/2008, 04:15 PM
i have him in my 34g solana tank, its under 150watt MH 14k bulbs. the bulb itself i say its 2 months old. So you think i should just move him up to the rocks? there is alot of current up there.. hmm but thank god theres no pinched mantle. any pics of how pinched mantle looks like? just so i have an idea on what to be looking for.

Devtech
02/26/2008, 04:18 PM
actually, its been in the tank for about 1 week, and he has actually attached himself to the bottom of the tank since the sandbed is very shallow. i guess if he is attached to the tank it means he is doing well which is great

a4twenty
02/26/2008, 04:31 PM
here's a link (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1124899) to a couple of pics of when one of my clams had PM.

crocea's are the most light demanding clam and depending on the depth of the cube he may due better up higher. for now just watch his color, if it gets better then great but if it gets worse or stays the same for to long you may have to move him for his own good.

HTH

Racing1
02/27/2008, 12:13 PM
Croceasalso prefer rock than sand. they are a boring clam and will settle into the rock work. They require strong lighting also...