PDA

View Full Version : bugs in reef tank??

migas_01
02/26/2008, 03:11 PM
I have practically disassembelled my reff tank as I had a Ich infection in my display tank. In orther to take all the fish out I had to take all live rock out of the tank. After placing the fish in the quarentine tank I rearanged the reef tank replacing live rock and redecorating the tank with all the invertebrates I had. The tank is now without fish for atleast 3 weeks now.
The thing is that the amount of "bugs" in the tank has been multipying again and again. I have different types, ones that look like white little "slugs", black larger "slugs", really small transparent ones that look like "stars" these are in the glass and other ones also kind of transparent but a little more white with many legs these move faster that are mainly in the glass. I had never seen so many bugs in my reef tank before and I am woried its some kind of plague.
What should I do??

xraydoc
02/26/2008, 03:18 PM
They may just be pods, and their population is likely increasing as the predators have been removed (your fish). Would need some pictures to be sure.

JoeTSI
02/26/2008, 03:18 PM
Those are pods more than likely and a great thing to have! I wouldn't worry. Wait until you have a refugium and see the life in a ball of chaeto!

frankrip
02/26/2008, 03:23 PM
I don't think the slug and star things are pods. Pics?