PDA

View Full Version : Which fish?

bj32482
02/26/2008, 05:06 PM
I just ordered a falco hawk fish, I asked in the reef fish forum, but the thread is not getting much attention.

From what I have been reading, the falco is not invert safe. I was under the impression that they were not safe with shrimp, but fine with everything else.
Anyway, my order will not ship out until next week, so I have time to change my order.
Here is whats in the tank:
180 with a swallowtail angel, yellow tang, pygmy angel, canary blenny, and a pair of clowns. I also have blue leg hermits, scarlet hermits and lots of snails. (Soft Coral/Mushroom/Zoas)

I am thinking about switching the falco over to one of the tank -bred Pseudochromis

What do you think?

bj32482
02/26/2008, 08:49 PM
wow, third page and no comments

BUMP

techigirl78
02/26/2008, 09:22 PM
Haven't had one, but I looked a little since no one else was responding. Liveaquaria indicates that only small fish and shrimp are on the menu. Given its small size, I'm not sure if it would be able to take out the hermits. Do you have a lot of hermits? If not, I'd probably take the chance and go for it if based on what liveaquaria indicated, JMO. This assumes that your clowns and blenny are of good size - 2-3" or larger.

bj32482
02/26/2008, 10:15 PM
I bought it based on the Liveaquaria review, but I have found a lot of negative stuff since then. A quick Google search on hawk fish with invert compatibility brings up many stories of snail death...

I love my inverts as much as my fish...I wish someone with a pseudochromis would turn up

demonsp
02/26/2008, 10:25 PM
With caution fish.Eats shrimp.

falco hawk fish

its fry
02/26/2008, 11:27 PM
go with the orchid dottyback, they're the most peacful from all of my research.

Really, in a 180, you have enough room to do any dottyback you want. I have a friend with an Arabian(super agressive) and a canary blenny in a 90. No problems, ever.

bj32482
02/27/2008, 01:29 PM
bump