PDA

View Full Version : New fish list what do you peeps think?

SeanySean
02/26/2008, 06:13 PM
Hi all,

I am putting a new fish list together as I am going to restock my tank after finally remving the murdering Sohal!

Can anybody see any problems with the following, and what fish I could get as my "Show Pony" no tangs, I think my tank is too small.

Cheers all,

Sean

1 x Flame Hawkfish
1 x Long nose HawkFish
1 xMandarin Dragonetfish
2 x Fire Dartfish
1 x Foxface Rabbitt Fish
1 x bi Colour Blenny
1 x Bluethroat trigger fish?

iansfishy
02/26/2008, 11:05 PM
your gonna have trouble with two dart fish imo.

demonsp
02/26/2008, 11:08 PM
Your just a Rebel huh. Your mixing reef type fish with FO type fish.
What is the experiance you want from your setup. FOWLR or Reef tank. Do you want coral? Manderans are expert fish and special care.

aspinn
02/26/2008, 11:13 PM
this is ur 130 gallon right? :) but aye dartfish might cause problems (i dont have personal experience but this is from what i have read of my many many hours of lurking on various forums lol.... other then that it looks fine to me... err as long as u dont plan on having to many corals lol

SeanySean
02/27/2008, 03:08 AM
cheers for the responses...

yes this is for my 130 it will be stocked with only soft corals leathers, shrooms and polyps with maybe one type of hard such as a frogspawn or hammer head.

Not sure which ones I am mixing though.... would it be the Trigger... I used to have one until my Sohal killed it and thought they were quite placid compared to others but your guys experience is worth more...

ok so 1 x dart fish :)

and for the "show pony"

dlsmith21
02/27/2008, 05:14 AM
I have had my blue throat for over a year now and he has always been a model citizen in my tanks. He started in my reef and never bothered anything or anyone and now resides in my FOWLR. He is personable, always out in the open and begs for food when I get near the tank. The only time I have ever witnessed him showing any type of aggression was when my niger tried to bully him. It was a swift fight with the niger backing down first. Since then there have been no problems. This is just my experience but, as with all fish, some do great and others make you miserable.

Case in point is my coral beauty in my 75g reef. He has never touched a single coral in the 2 1/2 years I have had him. Other people have had bad experiences with them.

SeanySean
02/27/2008, 11:46 AM
Cheers DLS my one never appeared to harm fish or corals but he was spending most of his short life hiding from the sohal!!!

I take it that people are only talking about the blue throat not being compatible with the corals?

any ideas on a show fish yet...

maybe a flame angel me was thinking? are there any others that everyone does nto have though!

Also, in reference to the dartfish everywhere I see them there are two....?!?!?

This link below says that they will be ok what experiences do people have that says different?

http://animal-world.com/encyclo/marine/misc/FireFish.php

Sean