PDA

View Full Version : Tunze 9010 mesh mod?

mxett
02/26/2008, 07:32 PM
Hi,

I noticed a thread recently suggesting improved performance for a tunze 9010 skimmer, after adding a single layer of enkamat to the pump impellor.

To me this makes no sense, as the air never enters the pump volute, because the venturi is on the pump outlet.

However, a number of people testified to significant performance improvement, so who am I to argue?

I am going to try this on mine when I can get my hands on some enkamat. I will let you know the result.

Anyone else have experience with this mod? I have also posted this in the tunze forum, casting a wider net if you will.

skimmy
02/26/2008, 10:25 PM
it's not adding any more air or even shredding the air with the mesh on there. all it could possibly be doing is moving more water, which is not more productive, but less, because you loose out on dwell time if you increase the amount of water that it is processing. especially with that small of a reaction chamber.

about the only mod you can do to that skimmer to increase performance would be to replace the air line on top of the muffler with a longer hose that goes out the ozone inlet instead of connecting to the blue air valve. that way you could increase the water level within the skimmer higher than the blue valve and make it more productive. as well as adding a deltec air valve to make adjustments to the air.