PDA

View Full Version : Ph probes on ebay-aqua digital

peterl23454
02/26/2008, 07:49 PM
anyone have any experience with the aqua digital ph probes ?
i have a pinpoint monitor and the price difference is substantial{vs the pinpoint probe}

the probes appear to be the same. the aqua digital is less accurate at
+/- .02 vs the pinpoint at +/- .01

"Aqua Digital pH probes are high quality glass bulbed KCL dual layer UV STABILISED which come with a huge 3 metre suppressed cable.

When choosing a new probe for your unit it is important that you know you are purchasing a probe that is not only accurate but also stable and can withstand the rigours of long useage under modern lighting. The Aqua Digital probes are not only highly accurate due to the dual layer electrode membrane but also come with UV protected shafts, protecting the delicate KCL gel from UV penetration, but also the probes are fitted with noise suppressed 3 meter long cables for great ease of placement."

http://cgi.ebay.com/pH-Probe-With-BNC-Connection-With-3-Metre-Cable-New_W0QQitemZ350027840495QQihZ022QQcategoryZ117435QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

alpine
02/26/2008, 08:53 PM
Not sure if its a good buy,but they seem to stand by there product.There warranty seems to be impressive as well.Think I may have to try this as I need a new probe for my reef fanatic ph & temp monitor.Great find by the way.

lloydkeller
02/26/2008, 08:54 PM
I use them a ph and a orp probe there a good deal ive had them in my tank a year no problems there well made and alot cheaper you wont be sorry they work perfectly the cables are shielded wich leads to more accurate readings I purchased 2 each over ayear ago havent needed the spares, I recalibrate every 4 months not that they need to be just a habit ebay is the way to go on alot of my supplies never had the nerve to order livestock from ebay wont take the chance

Creetin
02/26/2008, 09:07 PM
Well they are on RC alot (Aqua digital) in the Profilux/ghl forum. They bring in profilux to north america. I would not have a problem buyng.

peterl23454
02/26/2008, 09:13 PM
awesome...what a deal{not a paid endorser}

thanks.

lloyd..is that ca calif. or canada?
creetin..."If only common sense was common" ...if only indeed.

alpine
02/26/2008, 09:39 PM
Well looks like I will be buying 1 for sure now.You sure cant beat the price.I know I havent seen them any cheaper.

I have actually had 3 ph monitors,and the first 2 were made by milwaukee.Seems I always had to replace the probes on the milwaukees even though the units were brand new.This is my third try with a ph monitor so we will see how it goes this time around.

Thanks for the find and link Peter.

lloydkeller
02/26/2008, 10:22 PM
from california, I have mine hooked up to a lighthouse Controller clean then once in a while ,they do stand by there product had no trouble calibrateing them at all

SDguy
03/03/2008, 01:06 PM
I need to buy a new probe for my AC Jr., and this looks pretty inexpensive. Any other opinions/experiences?

kidney514
03/03/2008, 11:02 PM
That's the one that sells with profilux bundle, so i guess It would be a good one.

sleizure
03/04/2008, 01:25 AM
They are based in Canada - I have 2 of the pH and the 1 of the ORP - Can't beat the price!