PDA

View Full Version : RO/DI unit decesion time!

eyebedam
02/26/2008, 10:02 PM
I plan on oredering tomorrow 2/27/08
Im in the market for another R/O unit. Im having a hard time deciding between these 2. What do you all recommend & why.
1. http://www.airwaterice.com/product/...or_100_GPD.html
I had 1 like this before & it worked well untill I changed the filters & it developed a leak around the first canister it still made good water when I sold it though.
2. http://www.airwaterice.com/product/...OSMOSIS_DI.html
This unit has a bunch of bells & whistles. It also does a considerble more amount of water which could come in handy in case of emergency. Whichever unit I get it will be hard plumbed in the basement this time instead of using the faucet adapter. Already been threatened with divorce from the wife for multiple kitchen floodings. .

I did try to contact buckeye field supply about 1 of there units but never recieved a call back so I belive Im goin with a air water & ice unit.

rbursek
02/26/2008, 10:11 PM
from what I have read here 100gal are not that pure 75 is better. goto the sponsers here, no BS, Bukeyes Supply, or TheFilterguys.biz, great knowledge and CS!! They will not steeryou wrong!

kdblove_99
02/26/2008, 10:23 PM
I would get the filter guys Ocean Reef +1 great system

einsteins
02/26/2008, 11:27 PM
Yep....I would go with the Filter guys....impeccable service and great products. They are simply the best !

eins

nakadoc
02/27/2008, 01:58 AM
airwaterice has awesome customer service! They have sent me numerous free items as I thought they were faulty but it always turned out I was not following directions properly. They are patient and great with follwing up.

I agree you should get the 75 gpd membrane and they state that on thier website also.

AZDesertRat
02/27/2008, 08:45 AM
If Air Water & Ice is your choice, get the Typhoon III with the 75 GPD membrane. The 100 GPD is a 90% rejection nanofilter and not an RO membrane at 96-98%.

eyebedam
02/27/2008, 09:36 AM
I will check out the filter guys also. I have never had dealings with them before? Alot of my local club members have the awi units & I had 1 in the past is why I was leaning towards them.

kdblove_99
02/27/2008, 01:19 PM
Thing i like about filter guys is just look at there forum here on RC Jim is always on there answering questions in a very timely manner.
While i never saw anyone on the AWI.

eyebedam
02/27/2008, 02:11 PM
thanks. Its prob gonna be either a filter guys or buckeye premium 75 gpd unit at this point. I will update when a decisions made. Thanks again for the input.