PDA

View Full Version : should I get a new regulator

vin
02/27/2008, 12:47 AM
Not sure if it's the regulator, solenoid, or the needle valve it's all in one. The problem i'm having is that i'm not getting and even bubble count or sometimes no bubbles at all. I disassembled the regulator and found some water behind the rubber washer. Could I take apart the solenoid or the needle valve or is this done with.

vin
02/27/2008, 12:14 PM
anyone?

Mr James
02/27/2008, 01:41 PM
I have never disassembled the regulator when I found inconsistencies, so I cannot comment. Is the regulator under any warranty?? If so, contact the manufacturer or supplier and see if you can get a new one. I thought Milwaukee regulators have a simple 1 year warranty. I know there are some better regulators out there that are more precise, you may want to check into one of those. A lot of greenhouse supply stores tend to have co2 supplies, thus the regulators.

I wouldn't bother with that one, throw it in a box and keep it for spare parts. Get a new one.

vin
02/28/2008, 03:14 PM
Do you know of a better one that has all in one instead of buying everything separate.

Mr James
02/28/2008, 03:21 PM
THIS IS THE ONE (http://www.thereefstop.com/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=9) that I use. I just happened to have this website up compairing prices for something else.

vin
02/28/2008, 03:36 PM
That's funny b/c that's the one that is giving me a hard time.

BrokeColoReefer
02/28/2008, 03:56 PM
backpressure on the reactor can mess with bubble count. If you can get a seperate ph controller for the reactor that would be best in dialing it in. Im not sure if anything is wrong with your regulator, my reactor does the same thing, but that is by design of the korralin reactor.

Mr James
02/28/2008, 03:56 PM
I've had three with no issues. Sometimes they lose their consistency, but I can deal with that with the use of a controller.

I can't find the website I was looking for originally, must be at home.