PDA

View Full Version : koran angelfish reef safe?

bethnjeremy
02/27/2008, 06:59 AM
I am looking for advise from anyone who knows if a koran angelfish would attack lps, sps, or maxima clams in my 150 gal reef tank. I can't find any definite answers about what it can choose to pick at like coral or clams. Any help would be appreciated. I know caution should be used with the smaller angelfish, but this one can get up to 15 inches. Thanks everyone.

RicksReefs
02/27/2008, 07:03 AM
almost every Pomacentrus and Holocanthus angel will nibble corals and clams and the koran is no exception.

smitty06
02/27/2008, 09:52 AM
They will nip at the corals. I know of someone that does have one in a reef but he is hand fed and fed wxtremely well. I still would not trust it.

jda
02/27/2008, 10:30 AM
All of the pomacanthus that i have had seem to get worse as they grow. Having said that, my current Chrysurus has been just fine in a mixed tank and it is 4-5". As juveniles, I haven't had any issues with them.

I have not had Koran, but you can probably expect the same types of thing. You might seriously consider having a plan to catch it before you put it in the tank.

Kahuna Tuna
02/27/2008, 11:26 AM
According to nearly everyone I have ever spoken to they are one of the worst possible large angel choices outside of the genus holacanthus. Thats a shame because I think the adults are one of the nicest looking angels around.

petedoc
03/01/2008, 07:35 PM
Hello JDA, where did you find the Chrysurus Angel, I have been searching for them for 6 months, any ideas?