PDA

View Full Version : Copperband Butterfly

syded70
02/27/2008, 06:02 AM
I just purchased a Copperband Butterfly. As soon as I dropped her into the tank (180 Reef) the Regal Tang relentlessly attacked her, biteing a 1/4 of her tail away. I turned off the lights and stopped the attacks.

I went to local store and bought four Chromis to try and divert the attention away from Butterfly and it seems to work.

The problem now is the poor butter is so stressed out and i seriously doubt that i will get her started on eating. The main reason i added her to the tank was to rid the aptasia and feather dusters.

Does anyone know of a sure fire remedy that would get her started?

amike5
02/27/2008, 07:13 AM
Copperbands may not ever eat prepared foods. They pick live food off you rocks.

syded70
02/27/2008, 07:20 AM
I read that before i purchased her. I also read articles that there are ways that you can stimulate their appetite. I was hoping somebody out there had a remedy that has worked for them.

If she was to eat live food off the rocks then i would be satisfied but right now she is not picking at anything. Hopefully it changes soon, as with anybody, i hate to watch a fish suffer or die

gaspasser1
02/27/2008, 07:21 AM
You could try to isolate the problem tang, via a clear divider of some sort, until the aggression passes. The copperband will do best in a mature reef with plenty of copopods to eat.

syded70
02/27/2008, 07:39 AM
That was one option i did consider(removing the tang) The problem with the aggression was resolved when i put other fish in the tank. I considered trying to catch the Butterfly, Q her for a few days in order to get her to eat and get used to the feeding regimen

syded70
02/27/2008, 07:39 AM
That was one option i did consider(removing the tang) The problem with the aggression was resolved when i put other fish in the tank. I considered trying to catch the Butterfly, Q her for a few days in order to get her to eat and get used to the feeding regimen

Sicklid
02/27/2008, 08:45 AM
Try frozen scallops from the supermarket. Pinch off a little piece at a time. They love it.