PDA

View Full Version : opinions on your reef controller

kvosstra
02/27/2008, 07:19 PM
Hi all.

I am deciding on whether to invest in a controller for a tank - in lieu of powerstrips and the like.

I would be running a 1/4 chiller, and T5 lights. about 200W total on the return and closed loop and another 70W for the chiller pump and skimmer.

I would like to control the calcium reactor as well with this device.

Any recommendations as to brands, pros and cons, and whether I should wait for a newer version that will soon be on the market.

I have used an ACII in the past on a large sps dominated tank, and I admit that I am fearful of losing power on a single unit (like the AC Jr. - and its progeny), but I am willing to be convinced otherwise. Most likely I would like the unit to have 2 or more separate plugs - but still be direct connect (no X10's), and no need to do DO - temp, pH and ORP are sufficient in my mind.

I dont need internet connection, but would consider it a neat addition. I really just want the most reliable machine that will control the pumps, (not for a wavemaker - use a closed loop for that), lights, moon cycle, and be a form of direct connect - probably 2 sets of 8 plugs would be sufficient for all the gadgets.

Any suggestions are welcomed - you can even tell me that the powerstrip is better, if that is what you have found, or would suggest from your experiences.

-Kyle

kvosstra
02/28/2008, 09:47 AM
any thoughts?