PDA

View Full Version : It's Time! Major Upgrades! Need Advice!

nugzo
02/27/2008, 08:27 PM
Its Time. This Hobby has consumed Me! I'm selling my dirtbike, HD projector and Laptop to help with my new Tank. I've already ordered a 210 AGA Reefready tank. Mixed reef is what i want. I'm looking at filtration from Lifereef. LF1-200s Berlin w/ Insump SVS3-30 Skimmer and a 24x12x18 LifeRefugium.
I actually only have the tank and need suggestions on just about everything else, lighting, filtration, and circulation. I was thinking about a wavebox and Tunze Turbelle stream Kit TS24 2x 6101 7095 controller. Should this be sufficient? please tell me what you would buy. I want to do this right.
I also plan on a DSB of 6 inches. What should i do about the bottom row of intakes on the overflows? the DSB will be above them. Should i seal them off somehow? What is the best sand for DSB? i know the sand is gonna be expensive but i'm ready!
Should 3x 250 reflux 12k be sufficient? The overall depth after subtracting the DSB is 23" What supplemental lighting would you use? VHO, T5, or PC? I want to try and stay away from a chiller due to space, but will get one if i need one.
I have a water line at the tank and wanted to add an RO/DI to the wall behind the tank for top off. Could i run a line from the RO/DI under the house to another room for water change storage? What do i need to do that? What would you recommend?
The 210 AGA doesn't come with overflow plumbing, what is the absolute best for that?
Thanks alot for reading this and helping me make the right choices!

Here is a picture of my 5 month old 75 Gallon taken with an iphone. I'm gonna miss it? I Want More! Bigger is better right?? :)
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/1517/img0129mk6.jpg