PDA

View Full Version : What are mushrooms?

suzimcmullen
02/28/2008, 01:49 PM
I've seen some things in peoples tanks that I suppose they are calling mushrooms. Can they start as hithchikers on live rock? I have something I just noticed in a part of my tank I can't take a picture of without only getting glare. Right now it's dark red/maroon in color. It's shaped sort of like a flat kidney bean and growing out of the rock.

I am amazed every day at the sheer volume of inhabitants I keep noticing I never saw before. It's just crazy. It almost makes me want to give my fish away and just stare at the rocks.

Suzi

dsn112
02/28/2008, 02:02 PM
Mushrooms can be hitchhikers on live rock, many people get them that way. They are fast growers and are one of the easiest corals around.

They look like flowers by the way

http://liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=667

suzimcmullen
02/28/2008, 02:10 PM
It does look just like that only it's as if just one corner of it is growing out from the rock. I'll watch it. I really hope that is what it is. Seems like things must be going well because it wasn't there to see a couple weeks ago. I'm really not sure how long it's been there but it's only been a week since I re-positioned all the rocks and I didn't notice it then.

Suzi