PDA

View Full Version : new skimmer questions

danspyvey
02/28/2008, 11:59 PM
I am in the process of setting up a 50 gal tub reef ready with 20 long sump. This will be a mixed reef. I have been through the first 25 pages of this section and still confused. I am undecided between the ASM G-1, DAS EX-1, and EURO REEF RS-80. The #1 thing I am looking for is the best skimmer with the least number of mods. can anyone help me? I am trying not to go over $350.00 for this one.

I am also looking for a new skimmer for my 20L nano-reef tank without a sump, so I will need it to be HOT. I will be using this primarly as a frag tank. I currently have a remora w/1200 maxi jet on it and I am really not impressed. What are some good choices for a replacement HOT skimmer. I have found the precision marine and the corallife super skimmer and they both look ok. Any pros or cons between these or are there any other suggestions besides the $300.00 deltec. I just can't afford that one for the 20L.

showey
03/02/2008, 12:35 PM
I picked up an Oddesea PS75 for 30 bucks shipped. After three days it started skimming prtetty well but I know it's still breaking in. After a month or so, I am going to do the mesh mod and compareit But for the $ it's working fine.