PDA

View Full Version : Q: modding Coralife Aqualight

Nyxe
02/29/2008, 05:19 AM
Has anyone modified a coralife aqualight pro series lighting fixture? They can be seen here:

http://www.oceanicsystems.com/products/aqualight-pro-series.php

I have the 36" over a 46g bowfront. The problem is that the halide is blocked by a black center brace. Is it possible to move the center halide fixture over and retrofit another one next to it? For comparison, I'd like to make it look like the 48" aqualight pro which has two halides and 2 compact flourescents.

Any input appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Nyxe
03/05/2008, 07:04 AM
Ok ... I'm adding to my question.

I opened up my lighting fixture. I can add another MH reflector in and move the fan. It's a pretty simple mod, I'd just have to drill a hole for the power cord to run through and close it off.

So my new question is: Would two 150W MH be too much light for my tank? It is a 46g bow. The current bulb is 150W 10k, and I'm looking to add another 150W 14k.

snulma1
03/05/2008, 07:34 AM
I don't think another 150 will be that bad for now, but as summer approaches think about how your temps will be in your house/apt. But usually most high temps can be controlled by a fan blowing across your sump.

borillion_star
04/27/2010, 06:27 PM
I modded mine, but it doesnt have MH lights. I imagine you can a couple add small fans on the front something like 40x40.