PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Software ???

Lightsluvr
02/29/2008, 12:54 PM
Can anybody share opinions of Infinity Software's Reef-Con program for aquarium monitoring, etc.

LL

BeanAnimal
02/29/2008, 12:59 PM
I don't know much about it...

It looks like a simple VB frontend for an acess or similar database that tracks your water parameters. It does not look like any development or work has been done since 2004 or so. I would be leary spending money on a dead product, though for $19 bucks, if it fits your needs, then your golden.

Iostream
02/29/2008, 02:03 PM
I played with it a bit. Some new development has been done, but it seems stagnant. There is a beta available to paid users which adds things like aquacontroller support. The last beta build was nearly a year old and expired in Jan 1 of this year. Shortly after the expiration they posted an update, which expires jan 1 of this year, and said they wanted to do a real release soon. I dont know if there were any changes between the betas other than the expiration. Basically I would call it stagnant code, but if it works for you, then it works.

Lightsluvr
03/01/2008, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the tips. Is there a better system out there that is more contemporary?

LL

BeanAnimal
03/01/2008, 10:42 AM
I think some people use a package called aquanotes and there are a couple of websites (web applications) that have popped up recently that allow members to track their system parameters. I am not familiar with any of them but others may be.