PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best universal coral dip?

adtravels
02/29/2008, 09:35 PM
What are people using, I will be starting to dip my corals after a tank wipe out due to monti eating nudis
please post reccomendations.
tahnks

BLKTANG
02/29/2008, 09:37 PM
TMPCC

fijiblue
03/01/2008, 07:50 AM
I think everyone knows my answer by now:p

gasman059
03/01/2008, 09:36 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11981486#post11981486 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fijiblue
I think everyone knows my answer by now:p
LMAO great one fiji;)

JPMagyar
03/01/2008, 10:53 AM
I use a combination of:

Interceptor for 5 hours then Revive (http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~SearchStr~revive~action~view~idProduct~TL1671~idCategory~FIADCD~category~Two_Little_Fish ies_ReVive_Coral_Cleaner_16.8oz_Saltwater_Aquarium_Supplies_Additives_Coral_Dips~vendor~.html) for 4 minutes.

Tagareef
03/01/2008, 11:01 AM
JPMagyar,

I just picked up a bottle of Revive. My lfs uses and recommends it. Since you are still using Interceptor, have you found that Revive does not work on red bugs? I have been dipping in Lugol's and Interceptor, but was hoping Revive could do it all.

By the way, the frags I got from you last year are ALL doing amazing!

Luis

JPMagyar
03/01/2008, 09:53 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11982445#post11982445 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Tagareef
JPMagyar,

I just picked up a bottle of Revive. My lfs uses and recommends it. Since you are still using Interceptor, have you found that Revive does not work on red bugs? I have been dipping in Lugol's and Interceptor, but was hoping Revive could do it all.

By the way, the frags I got from you last year are ALL doing amazing!

Luis

Luis, Glad to hear the frags are doing well :D That's an interesting point you bring up because I notice dead amphipods and copepods when I use Revive so I suppose it is possible and even likely that Revive kills both, but I haven't seen any information to confirm that as yet. Great question and one that I hope more scientific oriented reefers can answer sometime soon because it would be far easier to dip corals for 4 minutes in Revive alone versus 5 hours with Interceptor.

Joe