PDA

View Full Version : help

steve 2011
03/01/2008, 02:45 PM
how many fish can u put in at a time

Shooter7
03/01/2008, 02:48 PM
In a ten gallon tank, one.....in a million gallon tank, probably a little more than that.

Not much info to go on here...

rbursek
03/01/2008, 03:13 PM
How big is your tank.

Chorethorious
03/01/2008, 04:17 PM
I think one of your other posts states you're still going through a cycle.. so I would so none.

dameon
03/01/2008, 05:28 PM
well i was told that to have crapy fish in when you cycle is better and speeds it up!!
Thats what i did.

loyalrogue
03/01/2008, 05:34 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11984352#post11984352 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Chorethorious
I think one of your other posts states you're still going through a cycle.. so I would so none.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
You should be removing the fish you have in there, not adding more at this point.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11984758#post11984758 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dameon
well i was told that to have crapy fish in when you cycle is better and speeds it up!!
Thats what i did.
Whoa, whoa, whoa!
Whoever told you that deserves to be slapped silly.
Wrong, and wrong on both points.

There is absolutely NO reason whatsoever to cycle a tank with a live fish and torture it to death!
Anyone who thinks any fish is "crappy" and deserves that fate is someone who should not have an aquarium in the first place.

Please anyone reading this, DO NOT cycle your tank with live animals.
A dead shrimp or a little fish food will decompose creating ammonia and start your cycle creating nitrfying bacteria just fine without being cruel to any fish.

Tylt33
03/01/2008, 06:01 PM
Cycling tanks with live fish is inhumane. How many fish you can have in a tank depends on many factors.

jonbry123
03/02/2008, 04:27 PM
I agree with Loyal. To many enter this hobby with no regard for the welfare of the animals that are intrusted to them. It is a sign of the immoratily of this human race to care nothing for those creatures which are dependant upon us for their well being. If you've entered this hobby for nothing other than show to friends or whatever you should not continue. If it was you completely dependant upon something that owned you and with the ability to understand your situation I'm sure you would hope that you would be taken care of. Based on the post you left in this forum please do not pursue this hobby.