PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Finnex Skimmer, need help.

b0bby1
03/01/2008, 06:38 PM
hey guys,
i have a finnex 30 gallon with a stock finnex skimmer that i am having trouble with. its running fine, the only problem is that its not taking any junk out of the water. i've had it going for 2 months now and still there is nothing in the collection cup. any ideas on what is wrong? thanks.

b0bby1
03/01/2008, 11:11 PM
no one?

emoore
03/01/2008, 11:13 PM
I have never seen the finnex skimmer before but are the bubbles going up to the top of the skimmer near the cup?

b0bby1
03/02/2008, 09:06 AM
there are no bubbles, the cylinder is just filled up all the way and seems to be going through the pump without the skimmer taking anything out of it.

mokeyz
03/02/2008, 09:35 AM
I have a Finnex Skimmer that came with my CADlights 34 g cube. It sits it my sump and is not the greatest skimmer ever made. I don't know if we have the same model (I don't even know what my model is as there were no instructions) - basically, make sure that the air valve is open all the way and do the fine tuning adjustment using the water intake knob. My skimmer sits about 1 1/2-2" from the bottom of the sump. It skims pretty wet and I am hoping to replace it as soon as I can afford a good skimmer.