PDA

View Full Version : ZOA Predator?

rebodi
03/01/2008, 06:51 PM
I searched Melev's reef to confirm but could not. I wasnt able to catch it at his time but I will try to explain it.

It looked like a lettuce slug/nudi. I mean identical except it was very small similar to a pencil eraser. It was red with metallic red on the edge of it frills. Very similar to a colony of zoas. I am going to grab a six pack a some basils whiskey and stair at the tank so I can grab a pic of the perp. In the mean time fellow reefers do you think its bad or good?

best regards
reb

MUCHO REEF
03/01/2008, 07:34 PM
Does it look anything like the nudibranch in the picture below?

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/MUCHOREEF9000/greennudi1a.jpg

rebodi
03/01/2008, 09:46 PM
Not at all. It looks like an exact replica of a lettuce sea slug aka lettuce nudibrach... only smaller and a different color. The body was red and the frills were a metalic red.

On a side note. Glocks are nice but the lack of a safety bothers me when it is carried as a concealed weapon.

MUCHO REEF
03/02/2008, 06:30 AM
We'd love to see a picture of it to help you out. I'm sure someone here can assist you.

theimpulsive1
03/05/2008, 12:36 PM
picture please

rebodi
03/05/2008, 01:05 PM
I havent been able to catch or take a picture of the red slug but I did catch one of the pest pictured above. Now I am extremely paranoid. If I see it again I will be sure to catch and document. Until then.