PDA

View Full Version : My gsm is a wuss!

rlf_racing
03/01/2008, 07:36 PM
Today I went and got another fish to put with my gsm, since she is the only fish on this side of the divider. I went with a domino damsel close to the same size as the gsm so it could fend for itself. Now the gsm is cowering in the corner. My female clarkii on the other side of the divider wants to come over and chase the damsel but can't get to it. Is this normal or did I put the wrong type of fish with my gsm? I thought gsm are nasty clowns. They don't fight or chase each other. So what is everyone else's opinion on this situation?

rlf_racing
03/01/2008, 11:50 PM
Anyone have comment on this matter. I want to know if this normal behaivor?

rlf_racing
03/02/2008, 12:42 PM
bump

ReefWreak
03/02/2008, 12:48 PM
You bought a similar sized fish of a more agressive nature than clowns. They're all from the damselfish family, but the dominos are more aggressive than the clowns even

rlf_racing
03/02/2008, 01:01 PM
There isn't any aggression between the two. Just now she hides until its feeding time. Before I put the domino into the tank she would be out more. I was thinking since the gsm is the most aggressive clown out there that I should put something with the same aggression.

ReefWreak
03/02/2008, 01:08 PM
the GSM is still a clown. The domino damsel is a fore-reef damsel, and they're agressive as heck. Especially the domino damsel. The clown is just scared of the domino, even though there isn't any aggression (yet).

rlf_racing
03/02/2008, 01:23 PM
Well I will watch the tank closely to watch for any aggession between the two. My female clarkii wanted to go after the domino but couldn't get to it since divider is there. I that normal? Clarkii is about an inch larger than the domino.

GSMguy
03/02/2008, 01:29 PM
clowns dont get along the clarkii and the GSM will fight to the death take one out...

rlf_racing
03/02/2008, 01:45 PM
They are not together. I have a divider in the tank that seperates the clowns. My questions were toward the domino and the gsm. My clarkii's and my occelaris are together with no problems. My statment was that my clarkii wanted to go after the domino but can't since there is a divider between them.

rlf_racing
03/02/2008, 09:56 PM
Well I had to put the domino on the other side of the divider and of coarse the female clarkii went after the domino. Only to show dominance on that side of the tank. I noticed the gsm has bite marks on the fins. I didn't want to risk it. With the fish on the other side I don't need to worry about aggression.