PDA

View Full Version : 29 bio cube MH lighting question

coralmike1
03/02/2008, 07:02 AM
i have a 29 gal oceanic bio cube with 150 watt sun pod 1400k bulbs . i was wondering to get thoses great colors out of my zoos and other colors. what size light is the max i can put on that. or what can i do to make the colors look nicer.

SPSinOC
03/02/2008, 02:03 PM
I have a 70 watt SunPod HQi that came with a 14 K bulb or lamp. I was told that lamps at 10 K produce a more yellow light and 20 K bulbs produce a more blue light. You can upgrade to switch the temperature of the lamp without consequence. I found that the 20 K to be a much brighter more pure looking light.

However, I was told that blue actinic bulbs is the kind of light that will improve the way your zoos and soforth look. So it may get more bang for you buck by adding one actinic bulb than spending the money on a 20K lamp.

coralmike1
03/02/2008, 03:12 PM
ya may i should just get rid of the 150 sunpod and pick something up with actinic lighting built in.

SPSinOC
03/02/2008, 08:57 PM
LOL. And the dilemma continues. It's like you go totally out of your way to get the MH lights and find out PC is what you ended up wanting anyways - or at least partially. I just got my sunpod and when I was shopping around I did not see anything with actinics built in. You might be able to supplement with an additional fixture. If I hear of anything I'll let you know.

InLimbo87
03/02/2008, 09:26 PM
I'd look into the Phoenix 14000k bulb. Its supposedly a nicer blue than the stock bulb, and brighter! (and a whole lot easier than buying a whole new fixture)