PDA

View Full Version : anemone and clown pair for 20g

Moonstream
03/02/2008, 11:38 AM
I am looking for a good anemone for a pair of clowns. I have a 20g long with 20g sump, lots of rock, ect. lighting is 96 watt T5 4 bulb setup. the tank will probably be centered around the needs of this clown. the nem will be kept on an isolated island of rock.

garygb
03/02/2008, 11:50 AM
I would definitely recommend Entacmea quadricolor. Either a green BTA or RBTA would be fine in a 20 gallon with a couple of clowns. You don't mention what species of clown you plan to keep, but most species of clownfish will live in BTA's in aquariums. BTA's are host to multiple species of clownfish in the wild including tomato, maroon, and clark. In aquariums they often host ocellaris and perculas, among others. If you can get a cloned GBTA or RBTA, you will have the hardiest, easiest to keep host anemone there is. Since you want to keep the anemone on an "isolated island of rock" the BTA is great for that. They like their foot in a cave in the live rock. You have enough light to keep anything you want in a 20 gallon, including of course E. quadricolor.