PDA

View Full Version : RBTA needs are equal to what

orcafood
03/06/2008, 08:07 PM
What coral's water parameter needs are closest to a RBTA's.

DOTZ
03/06/2008, 08:13 PM
How about a GBTA. Just kidding. I don't know what they are closest to, but I do know they're one of the hardier anemones.

orcafood
03/06/2008, 08:29 PM
Wow yea that would be pretty close

BIOCUBE UNIT
03/06/2008, 09:21 PM
Most ppl will say the water quality is equal to that of SPS (not including the Ca+ parameter). They want lots of indirect water flow to breath, moderate lighing (VHO or PC) and lots of rocky ground where they can plant their foot in between the cracks. There should be very little flucatuations in temperature, salinity and pH.

BIOCUBE UNIT
03/06/2008, 09:25 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12029425#post12029425 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DOTZ
How about a GBTA. Just kidding. I don't know what they are closest to, but I do know they're one of the hardier anemones.

To tell you the truth, the BTA is one of the easiet. However, they state the care level like this: Difficult, very Difficult, and extremely Difficult. BTA is in the the first category, which is just labeled difficult - just goes to show you where the level of the game starts at. I wouldnt say it is impossible, many ppl have BTA, but I am willing to bet most of the successful owners know what they are doing. I studed many online articles before I bought my prize GBTA.

GSMguy
03/07/2008, 10:13 AM
I would say if your SPS are over 9 months old and thriving an anemone is going to be happy. :)

Stability for SPS and anemones is the key.

phender
03/07/2008, 10:32 AM
I would say that BTAs are about on the same level as frogspawn or hammer corals. Light and current are about the same.

You can keep BTAs under SPS conditions, but the light is more than you need and the BTA will generally find an area of lower current to hang out.

orcafood
03/07/2008, 07:33 PM
So Anemones do not care about the calcium level? Theoretically would a RBTA thrive in the same tank as a thriving birds nest coral?

BIOCUBE UNIT
03/07/2008, 09:20 PM
They don't need the Ca+ to be high at all. I would keep the Ca and Alk balanced. I would also keep the Alk high so that it can stabilize the pH and keep it from going up and down, less flucatuations.

orcafood
03/07/2008, 09:29 PM
Great thanks! My Alkalinity is around 10 dkh which should be good.

phender
03/08/2008, 12:27 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12037550#post12037550 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by orcafood
So Anemones do not care about the calcium level? Theoretically would a RBTA thrive in the same tank as a thriving birds nest coral?

When I said the same as frogspawn or hammer coral, I was talking about all levels, chemical and physical. If you can grow a birdsnest, your conditions should be OK for a BTA.