PDA

View Full Version : the head fell off my frogspawn!!!!

brutuscz
03/07/2008, 09:02 AM
I haven't posted in a while. The tank setup is 90g. amm-0, nitrite-0 nitrate 10, ca-400-450. Water quality has been fine...I do a 30gal water change every 4 weeks. I have a 2 inch bed of dolomite gravel. The lighting is 4-65watt power compacts. total od 260watts. The tank is mostly LPS as they are my favorite. The tank has been set up for 6 months. I noticed that my brain corals have been slowly receding...I thought my lighting might be inadequate. My frogspawn was 3rd generation captive propagated...and thriving very well. Well, I added 2-42watt 6500K power compacts. I did not add them slowly...a full 12 hrs. After about 4 days, the head of my frogspawn fell off...in total. I have retrieved it and attempted to toothpick it to live rock. I am sure it won't work...but figured I could at least try. Could the sudden addition of 84 watts of power compact have caused this to happen? My caulastrea looks much better since I added the new lighting. I have decided to cut back on the # of hours I leave the new bulbs on. I have also ordered 2- 13 watt led blue grow-spotlights. About 165 led's each....420lumens each. Any suggestions are appreciated....dont want to be-head any more corals!!!!