PDA

View Full Version : What can I use this for?

Tennyson
03/10/2008, 12:57 PM
The LFS said that it was cyclopeeze which is what I went out to get, but I didn't look at the case when I bought it, and it wasn't cyclopeeze.

By the way, is there such a thing as powder-form cyclopeeze? I asked for it, and they looked at me funny.

Anyway, heres the link to this stuff. Its Pro-coral elements. Its trace element supplement for marine aquaria according to the box.

http://www.tropic-marin.com/web/english/produkte/pro-a-elements.htm

The link says it has two different solutions-PRO-CORAL K+ ELEMENTS and PRO-CORAL A- ELEMENTS "which supply the aquarium with all of the essential trace elements".
The link says that without the elements in this thing, corals can bleach, is this info 100% true?

It also mentions that this stuff strengthens the skeletal structures of sponges, gorgonias and crabs.
"There are no substitutions for trace elements, therefore, it is essential that all trace elements be added to the aquarium in a naturally balanced mixture".

So thats sort of a summary of this product. Atleast the new employee that was helping me didn't know what he was doing and charged half price on it by accident:D

So is this useful for my mixed reef tank with fish, anemonies, shrimp, crabs, gorgonians, and all but SPS corals?
All replies are appreciated. Thanks!

Tennyson
03/10/2008, 01:00 PM
Some more info on the stuff from the page if you don't wanna read through all this stuff:

TROPIC MARIN PRO-CORAL A- ELEMENTS is carefully formulated to support the healthy and continuous growth in the reef aquarium by replenishing all the essential anionic trace elements used by corals, invertebrates and algae.

PRO-CORAL A- ELEMENTS adds the following anionic trace elements to the aquarium: vanadium, molybdenum, selenium, fluorine, bromine, iodine, lithium.

Recommended dosage: Add 1 ml of PRO-CORAL A- ELEMENTS per 100 l / 25 gallons US-gal of total aquarium system water volume per day in the circulation flow of the system.

bertoni
03/10/2008, 03:00 PM
I wouldn't dose that product, personally, since it's a cocktail mix of ingredients, most of which I wouldn't dose in the first place.

There's a freeze-dried version of Cyclop-Eeze. I have only used the frozen, but the freeze-dried might be very good.

Tennyson
03/10/2008, 03:08 PM
But no powderish kind, or dry cyclopeeze?

are the ingrediants unsafe or something? Do they not work? Or is it bad that they are all mixed up together? How would it be bad if they are all mixed?

I can return this item, I just want to know if it will be helpful since I bought it.

Thanks

bertoni
03/10/2008, 03:13 PM
The freeze-dried isn't quite a powder, I don't think, but it's close.

Some of the trace elements might be useful, others aren't. The problem with dosing them that way is that we have no way of knowing whether the levels are reaching the toxic point. Water changes seem a lot safer, and are helpful in a number of ways.

Tennyson
03/10/2008, 03:40 PM
OK, I'll return it next time I go. Thanks

robojet
03/10/2008, 09:17 PM
the freeze dried Cyclopeeze does look like a powder... I use it, but don't have any experience with the frozen - the frozen is probably better, powder is for convenience