PDA

View Full Version : Coralife Super Skimmer 65 in Biocube 29

GBE378
03/10/2008, 10:23 PM
I am setting up a biocube 29 and was wondering if anyone has tried hanging a coralife super skimmer 65 on the back. I have one, that I used in the sump on my old 30 gallon, just laying in the garage. It fits almost perfectly on the back if the back cover is taken off. I am just curious if it would be over kill or create to much heat, microbubbles or virbrations.

NewFish3
03/10/2008, 10:30 PM
I posted this question a few weeks ago in the " New To The Hobby " I was told by the big guys there that in my BioCube 14....Or they said any small tank like that. You dont need a skimmer. If you do your weekly water changers like you should. There is not enough there to justify using a skimmer.

They also gave me some mods to do to the tank. I did them & the water is so crystal clear it looks fake.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj66/NewFish3/BioCube14-5-1.jpg

The Saltwater Kid
03/11/2008, 12:48 PM
Used in-sump a CSS works great but used as an HOB skimmer...I've heard WAY too many horror stories about them overflowing to want to risk coming home to half my tank water all over my floor but that's just me. As far as going skimmerless...you can try it, there are certainly some people who have luck going that route but after seeing the crap that my skimmer pulls out of my BC29 I sure am glad I am running a skimmer!

GBE378
03/11/2008, 03:46 PM
Hmm that did happen to me once when it was on my 30g (its was used as a HOB in the sump, but luckly it was only like a cup of water over 3 hours. I think I might give it a try for a while then upgrade later. Just got some LS and base rock in it this afternoon. Going to be ordering some LR either tonight or tommorow.