PDA

View Full Version : Majestic or Regal Angel?

SeaIsle
03/11/2008, 12:21 PM
I want to purchase an angel for my tank. I am thinking either the majestic or the regal. I am asking for trouble?

ccampbell57
03/11/2008, 12:50 PM
I would go with the Regal in your small tank. They will do ok in a 90.

mattsilvester
03/12/2008, 10:28 AM
Its kind of a hard choice......

Your tank is a bit small for a majestic, unless you get a very small one, and either upgrade or sell it on in about 18-24 months.

On the other hand, with "little marine" experience, the regal angel is a difficult fish to keep...... so it may not be the best choice for you........

Diffcult choice - I would personally utrge you to go for one of the bigger / bolder dwarf angels, maybe.......

SeaIsle
03/12/2008, 10:58 AM
I appreciate the imput. I have read the thread on the regal and it does seem that it can be difficult to induce and sustain feeding. I like the flame but I have read that this is a bit tempermental and can be hard to sustain. I will continue to look as I am not in a rush. TFTH

2dawghouse
03/12/2008, 12:52 PM
Is this a reef tank? Do you necessarily need a large angel? What about a swallow tail, or lamarcks (they are reef safe). If you arent to concern with the care of your corals try a flagfin or scribble (somewhat difficult but they dont grow as big as other large angels and they arent as aggressive either.

SeaIsle
03/12/2008, 02:24 PM
I cant consider my tank a reef as I have about 6 different corals in the tank. Reef is an aspiration. No I dont require a large angel addition. I do desire to obtain my visual centerpiece. I am not completely biased to brighty colors as I have a Kole Tang that has great subtle beauty. I have been looking and researching to find the best mesh of compatability, suitability and visual appeal.

2dawghouse
03/12/2008, 02:45 PM
Then I would suggest an angel of the Genicanthus family.

BEN BOGDAN
03/12/2008, 03:09 PM
Asfur angel is what I have. A small 4 inch adult beauty.

SeaIsle
03/12/2008, 03:49 PM
I love the Asfur do you have any pics of yours? I really need a to purchase a larger tank and a house b/c my loft cant support a 3rd tank.

BEN BOGDAN
03/12/2008, 04:00 PM
Sorry no pics but every Asfur I have seen is very close to the same. They look good as a small adult and stay good looking as they get bigger. Mine is a bit shy and will go after zoo's but lots of fish like zoo's.