PDA

View Full Version : Koralia 4

shizean
03/11/2008, 05:57 PM
is this too much power for a 80 gal 4' long i want to keep basicaly any coral? should i downgrade?

918ReefCpl
03/11/2008, 08:24 PM
Does it create a sandstorm or a trench in your sand bed? We have a #4 & #3 in our 125 and the #4 created a trench in the sand about 2ft away from the powerhead. We inquired from Koralia about the new flow diffusers, were sent one and installed it...no more trench but still have good flow across the tank...You can also try putting it in one corner and aiming it across the tank toward the opposite corner to get a cross current flow pattern started...try it in several positions and see what works best for your tanks occupants before switching out to something else :)

Soundwave
03/11/2008, 09:11 PM
I have 3 Koralia 3s in my 75. There is no such thing as too much flow in your tank. I use that loosely, though. Fish can adapt to flow up to a certain point. You don't want to throw them around. I would suggest two number 4s and don't use the diffusers. You can rotate them to get the desired flow. I did install the diffuser on one of my 3s to aim at a lower flow area of my tank. Everyone seems happy and the corals get the flow they need.

HTH

AD87
03/12/2008, 11:13 AM
I use 2 kor 3 and have 2 4 in a 75 with 550 gph on my return pump after head loss. Again there is such thing as too much flow. oh I also have a 1.5 inch sand bed, and no sand storm.